Tuesday, October 14, 2014

New York Comic Con



I am not even sure where to begin in describing my experience at NYCC. 
In the simplest form, it was absolutely amazing. I have never felt more comfortable or in the right place at the right time so much before. 

The morning started early and rainy. After spending an hour getting ready, we made our trek from Queens to the Javits Center in Manhattan. In cosplay marching through the city with our umbrellas, we were a sight to see. As we made it closer to the convention, we began seeing fellow cosplayers, and it was immediately relieving to be among our own. Even though cosplay is more my thing, I am very lucky to have a significant other who is always willing to join along. 

(mean mugging at NYCC)

Walking through the convention center doors, was the most exciting thing ever. The room was filled with joy and excitment. People scattered everywhere, their eyes trying to absorb every inch of the scene.
I couldn't even figure out where to begin, so like every convention, we made our way to one end and looped down every row, to avoid missing a single thing.
On one loop we ran into Yaya Han and her table. Which was the happiest moment at the convention! She was so sweet and her Assassin's Creed cosplay was totally on point!
She is such a cosplay idol, and it was such a magical moment getting to meet her!


While walking around and enjoying the sights, around one hundred people asked to take our picture. Which is the most amazing feeling in the world. Strangers enjoying your cosplay so much that they are willing to come up to someone they don't even know to ask for your picture. It is the most flattering thing on the planet. It makes all of the hard work so rewarding!
 
(view walking around)

(meeting Yaya Han and having her sign her comic book for us!)

 
This weekend has one hundred percent solidified my desire to try to make this into a full time thing. If I could get to spend everyday cosplaying, crafting, and designing; I would be so beyond happy. Cosplaying is so emotionally and creatively satisfiyng. If I could turn this into a career, it would be so beyond amazing.
Next, I'll be making business cards so when people ask for my picture, I can ask for them to tag me on instagram or twitter. This way I can try to build my internet status. I also plan on starting to use different materials to create different looks and textures. Along with that I will be making many more videos on DIY and How To's.
Thank you everyone for reading!
Stay tuned for a video and post on my halloween costume, Louise Belcher from Bob's Burgers!!!!
 
Much love,
Megan



No comments:

Post a Comment