Sunday, February 22, 2015

ALMOST DONE!

I am so beyond pumped, because I am almost done my Evil Queen cosplay!! 
AHHHHH!
I can't get over it, I really can't.

I finally have the two sections sewn together, the sleeves done, cuffs done, and collar done!
All that is left is the closures, some buttons, the accessories and some other details. But the hardest parts are officially completed. I couldn't me more proud of myself for taking on my biggest project to date. 

Cosplay to me is more than just looking sexy, or just wearing a wig and posting pics on instagram. It's about doing good work. It's about pushing your limits of creativity. You can be sexy while still wearing clothes. You can go instagram crazy while still making true work. I want to do this right, and I want to do it well. I don't mean to seem judgemental of others choices, but I find it bothersome to see people getting so much credit for just looking slutty or buying costumes. I want to see people work hard at something and push themselves. And I am trying to promote this by doing it myself. We are all better than we think we are, and we have to be better to give cosplay a good name. 
Rant done.

After I complete this I will be starting the boyfriend's cosplay. For now I still intend on doing Captain Hook, but it is looking more and more complicated considering I have never done menswear. SO, as time goes on I may end up changing it or going in a different direction. 
I will also be starting our day two looks of Honey Lemon and Tadashi soon!! (I can't wait!)
But keep an eye out for more updates!

XO M

No comments:

Post a Comment