Tuesday, February 10, 2015

EVIL QUEEN

The Evil Queen finally has two sleeves! YAY!

This weekend I was finally able to give this cosplay some TLC. I did a lot of reworking of the mechanics of this top piece. I took apart the collar to properly attach a lining to help strengthen the bodice. I also got the second sleeve attached and cuff sewn, after accidentally sewing it on inside out first...oops. 

( I really wish you could see the design of the fabric better, but when it is all together I will be taking more professional pictures.)

The skirt that will be soon attached to the bodice, is beyond heavy. It is simply just a lot of fabric. So I am concerned that this weight could end up causing issues along the way. I am trying to problem solve that weight issue by different sewing techniques and possible adding some kind of almost suspender like system within it to help disperse some of that weight. 

This cosplay is soooo close to be complete, I really can't wait! After the sewing is all finished I have a few acessories to work on, which will be fun to make. From there I will be working on the boyfriend's Captain Hook jacket, and that will be a whole different ball game. 

Stay tuned next week for some more updates!

XO M

No comments:

Post a Comment