Thursday, September 4, 2014

Mad Hatter Hat!

So this weekend consisted of mass quantities of thrifting and crafting.
I successfully (if I do say so myself) made the Mad Hatter hat for the boyfriend's cosplay costume!
 
I have made a "how to" video of sorts with a rough description of how I made the hat!
 
 
Materials used:
 
- Halloween store top hat ($13)
- Light olive-y green fabric (1yard)
- Hunter green ribbon (18 inches, 3" wide ribbon)
- Elmer's spray adhesive (found @ joann fabrics for about $6)
- Cream foam paper (1 sheet, $1)
- Black sharpie
- Hot glue for attaching ribbon
 
 
This project took me about 2 hours, and most of that was figuring out how to make it. I can't say that my way is the best way, but it works for what I need out of the cosplay and I feel like for future cosplays I have the confidence to make another top hat.
Most of the work was also just manipulating the fabric to lay the way I wanted it to, a great thing about the spray adhesive is that it can be manipulated for a while before it will harden completely; that is why I suggest using it rather than hot glue.
 
Here's a video that goes into more detail on the hat!
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much as always guys!
Much love,
Megan
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment